Sneaking vegetables into every meal - a summer challenge!
We present to you Vegan & Gluten-free Protein Beetroot Brownies for a healthy, fudgy alternative to a common dessert. Yes, it can be pure healthy goodness!
- 200 g Beetroots (pre-cooked)
- 80 g Agave syrup
- 150 g Gluten-free flour of choice (we prefer oat or rice flour)
- 50 g Hemp-, Pumpkin seed- or Rice Protein
- 30 g Cocoa powder (fat reduced)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 100 ml Unsweetened vegan milk of choice
- 100 ml Coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 50 g Apple mousse
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Mix diced beetroot, agave syrup and milk in a high-speed blender into a puree.
- Gradually add coconut oil and apple mouse into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, gently mix the dry ingredients: flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix them together. Alternatively, if your blender is not big enough, transfer the wet ingredients to a bigger bowl first and mix with a tablespoon. If it is too hard, add a bit more milk and mix further.
- Transfer the dough to a baking form with baking paper. Back on upper- and lower heat for around 30 minutes, then do a toothpick test by inserting a wooden toothpick into the brownie. If it is wet and has the cake stuck to it, bake for another 10 minutes, if not - set aside to cool and get ready to enjoy the result!